Sunday, February 22, 2009

Actually February brings showers too.....



This morning I found myself surrounded by so many gift bags I thought it was Christmas at the White House. The craziness actually started a few weeks ago when my co-workers threw me a shower. They brought cake and ice cream and gave me a basket full of goodies. Then it continued on this past Wednesday.
Steve's coworkers surprised us with even more items from our registry and some good advice. Like, if its cold put some socks on your baby...apparently Dallasites are notorious for forgetting their babies' socks and hats in our tempermental weather. We also played games and found out that none of us are smarter than a fifth grader when it comes to our nursery rhymes. I especially enjoyed myself because I had only heard about his co-workers but had only met a few of them before that day.

Friday at work I was surprised again when the RT department all pitched in for a food spread that was out of this world. I was treated to a homemade cake from my friend Karri, Cutlets by Mini which are an Indian traditional food that is more like a tuna fish cake and Chicken Briani another traditional Indian food by my friend Sheela. They also gave me some towels and a BOPPY! This is a half donut pillow that can hold Holden while I change or help frees up my hands.











Continuing on... yesterday my girlfriends Caroline and Carrie went all out and had my friends and family over for THE Shower. I had all my friends from 10 years ago to my newer friends-- gather to help me celebrate the impending birth of my son. Steve and the fellas decided to leave all this fuss to the ladies and went for a couple rounds of golf. It made no difference to me, there was so much fun to be had and I didn't have to share. We had cupcakes, pizza, and lots of nice nibblies. This morning I had a huge gift hangover.... before I could get to the task of putting away all of my gifts, I had to say goodbye to my mom and aunt who came all the way up from San Antonio to help out my friends and to celebrate with us. You can see from the pictures how many gifts we received and how generous all my friends and family are! Wish me luck, I have my last shower this coming weekend with my friends and former co-workers from Doctors Hospital.



1 comment:

  1. March 1, 2008

    This blog is great! I love all the entries Tina has shared. With my first blog entry there are so many things I could share… Men's Golf Shower, the Baby Furniture Woes and QA, Mary coming to Dallas to help when Holden, Tina making this all look easy, etc.

    I have to start by saying Tina has really taken each change and development of the pregnancy with great optimism and acceptance. Obviously, I'm asked many times how she is doing, and my response has been carefully reduced to the following, Tina is doing well however, she has a high tolerance for pain. I really don't know if she has had a fortunate pregnancy or the later. However, if you know Tina, you know her spirit and what better elixir is there than that!

    The support we have received from friends and family has been amazing. The baby showers have been such a supportive experience. Everyone's generosity has been overwhelming. I love the green baby shower theme, the hand-my-downs are great and kid tested. As well your calls and notes of encouragement and well wishes in passing are very much appreciated.

    I've picked up the trade of baby furniture assembly. It has been a difficult education. The running stroller, for example, was assembled in some what short order; however, that was only the first half of the job. The second was the QA (Quality and Assurance), which I had to decide if putting a stuffed animal in the stroller would be appropriate for a short run through the neighborhood... Tina wonders what the neighbors are saying… Then there was the baby crib that was assembled three times before the kick plate to lower the sides was assembled correctly. Yes, the whole thing had to be unassembled each time. It is the great mystery revealed that the baby furniture assembly trade is one of precision and blind faith, as the end product is not revealed until the final step is completed… correctly.

    ReplyDelete