Sunday, January 30, 2011

One year later....

Sorry that its been a year since I last posted.. we've been busy.

So my mom tells me that I need to start planning Holden's big 2 NOW, and its not until March. I find this a little unsettling as I plan on being as "that" mom, not THAT mom. The difference is that I feel I should try as much as I can to keep Holden grounded. I feel this can best be accomplished by being "old school" about his upbringing as much as possible. I held out until just now to introduce television to him. I did not make the 2 year recommended milestone to do so and I do feel a little bit of guilt about this. So I'd like his 2 year to be just a bit more than his 1 year birthday. But mom is already pushing me to get all the decoration and guest list...sigh... we'll see.

But as you can see Holden enjoys the simple things.. look at this photo, he found a container box and entertained himself for at least an hour.














In the next photo Holden is working it out on the balance beam at the Little Gym. Here he is with Forest, who is a little controlling but Holden really likes him. This little gym is great, they have these songs where they sing "its time to put the (insert item) away at the Little Gym. We use it around the house and Holden sings "tiiiiiimmmme" and actually puts things away. GENIUS. Holden is so fearless and I couldn't get a photo but he can walk the beam by himself. He also can work the uneven parallel bars with help from Forest.



We have other news too, I got another new job and I'm loving it, I'm a Health Coach. This means I call people for insurance companies and try to keep their asthma or copd under control so their insurance company doesn't to pay a fortune for emergency visits, etc. I'm still M-F with 1 Saturday a month and I work with a team of an exercise physiologist, a dietitian and a nurse. I get all kinds of advice as far as diet and working out. After watching entirely too much "reality" tv, I've decided to become ridiculously thin and working with all these healthy people helps. Steve is starting on home improvements again and installed 3 fans so we no longer live in utter darkness. Our house was built in the 60's and the only lights are in the kitchen. So we've been living with just the light from lamps...which is not much at all. (oh yeah, we moved from the Gayborhood to the suburbs....but its got its perks.)

Hopefully it won't be a year until my next post because I need to update you on our last trip to Kansas for my sister in law's wedding. Those pictures should be amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment